Regardless of your chosen sport, knowing how to implement high-intensity interval training (HIIT) within any S&C program should be a non-negotiable skill to have in your wheelhouse for so many reasons. The benefits are well established, and HIIT can be catered to stimulate the precise physiological (and psychological) responses needed to enhance our athlete’s capacities. Yet, to make the most out of HIIT, we need to have a clear rationale as to why and when we use it.
- Supplements and Nutritional Interventions to Support HIIT Adaptation
- Using the concept of ‘priming’ to enhance athlete readiness to perform
- The perfect storm – Is excess fat a hidden risk factor for COVID-19?
- The Greatest Show on Earth*
- High-Intensity Interval Training: The key strategy to maintain fitness during periods of reduced activity