- Yes, you are likely to have LIMITATIONS in your breathing system.
- Yes, you can TRAIN that like every other tissue and system in your body. No, there is no one-way super easy workout routine you can do for it, as it is still a rather untouched topic (outside of individuals with issues like asthma, COPD etc.).
- Yes, there are parameters like tidal volume, breathing frequency and several more to nerd out over and adjust depending on what your own “breathing capacity” status is.
- Always make sure to adjust your training programs (not just the breathing one’s!) to the individual, even if you are following strict guidelines, scientific protocols and similar.
- (FTP probably ain’t that good for anything)