Recently a narrative has emerged surrounding sports science as being over-protective. Stories from high-profile former players tell of sports scientists reining them in, and risking the robustness of future generations: “All of a sudden you start drilling someone in training, and a sports science bloke pops over: ‘Woah, woah, woah, he’s in the red.”
- Supplements and Nutritional Interventions to Support HIIT Adaptation
- Using the concept of ‘priming’ to enhance athlete readiness to perform
- The perfect storm – Is excess fat a hidden risk factor for COVID-19?
- The Greatest Show on Earth*
- High-Intensity Interval Training: The key strategy to maintain fitness during periods of reduced activity