Coaches and practitioner in both team and individual sports aim to individualize the intensity of both low and high-intensity interval (HIIT) training. In endurance sports, exercise intensity during HIIT is traditionally prescribed using a percentage/proportion of determined thresholds (i.e. lactate/ventilatory thresholds, critical power/speed, functional threshold power) or maximal aerobic power output/speed.
- Supplements and Nutritional Interventions to Support HIIT Adaptation
- Using the concept of ‘priming’ to enhance athlete readiness to perform
- The perfect storm – Is excess fat a hidden risk factor for COVID-19?
- The Greatest Show on Earth*
- High-Intensity Interval Training: The key strategy to maintain fitness during periods of reduced activity