- Learn to ask QUESTIONS to improve your training, your coach-athlete relationship, and everything else around your sport.
- Coaches need to make an EFFORT to understand their support, science and other staff – otherwise the result will be a lack of respect.
- Lead by example – as an exercise and sports professional you should be able to go out there with your athletes and at least be able to somewhat keep up.
- Athletes are HUMANS. It is critical to remember this and adequately design a programme that is holistic and focuses on their wellbeing. Try to have at least somewhat of a FRIENDSHIP with your athlete, caring for them, and putting all aspects of wellbeing first: emotional, mental, social, spiritual and physical.
- Athletes themselves can MAKE coaches become THEIR best selves. It is a skill that needs to be trained as much as every other, and it includes mainly communication about YOURSELF. Be honest. Be vulnerable.