A logical approach to physiological targeting with HIIT is well described throughout HIIT Science. We know that development of our biological targets (aerobic, anaerobic, neuromuscular) can be stimulated with the right type of training, alongside alignment with the particularities of our context (e.g. athlete profile, sport demands, environmental constraints). This is the bird’s eye view that the coach will want to take to form their decisions regarding HIIT prescription.
- Pre-season fitness testing in elite soccer: integrating the 30-15 Intermittent Fitness Test into the weekly microcycle
- Improving speed in Rugby Union: exploring a short to long approach
- HIIT for Beach Volleyball
- Optimizing your HIIT – go short to get more bang for buck!
- Supplements and Nutritional Interventions to Support HIIT Adaptation