- Many different factors can influence why a player is not behaving on the field as he should. NOT ALL of them have to be related to physical capacities.
- There is NO real SEPARATION between the tactical and physiological dimensions of football. It is kind of made up, and we need to CONSIDER BOTH at all times when thinking about training.
- You do not need to follow what everyone else is doing during the training week. ADJUST training content depending on a player’s CONTEXT – but, 2 days going hard back to back should never be a problem.
- Speed should be PART of the high volume training day in football.
- “Evidence-based” has 3 legs: Research, coaches feedback and player input. Relying only on one of them is LIMITING your outcomes.