Tom Vandenbogaerde PhD
Senior Physiologist at Swimming Australia
• Nine years in New Zealand working with international-level swimmers and their coaches, as PhD student (2006-2009), and Performance Physiologist for the New Zealand Academy of Sport (2009-2011) and High Performance Sport New Zealand (2011-2015).
• Worked closely with twelve swim coaches who have produced multiple Olympic and/or World Championships Medals.
• Key staff member of many national and international National Team Camps for Swimming Australia and Swimming New Zealand.
• Part of the New Zealand Olympic Team in Beijing and London, and of the New Zealand Swim Team at all World Championships, Commonwealth Games and Pan Pacific Games from 2007 to 2014.
• Substantial swim coaching experience, including at the highest level.
Master in Physical Education, Ghent University, Belgium, 2001